Ashok Chandna new president of Youth Congress in Rajasthan
Published under: Rajasthan Politics News
Ashok Chandna was elected as the president of the Youth Congress in Rajasthan.
Chandna, who received 5,111 votes, defeated his arch-rival Rajpal Sharma by 609 votes in the organisational polls.
Rajpal, the younger brother of minister of state for health Rajkumar Sharma, has qualified for the post of vice president while the second runner up Hanuman Meena became general secretary.
Jai Narayan Poonia and Vivek Katara are the other candidates to quality for the post of general secretary. The voting for Youth Congress president and executive committee took place on March 24 and 25. This time, voting for state, Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha executive committee took place simultaneously following which 45,000 voters, cast votes for three executive committees.
As many as 98 candidates were in the fray for the post of Youth Congress president. Besides state president and vice president, there are eight posts of general secretary in the present state executive committee — five are in reserved and three in general category. To win the post of general secretary, as a rule, a candidate must get over 20% votes.
The newly-elected president of Youth Congress Ashok Chandna hails from Bundi and owns marble mines.
Sources said a huge amount of money and resources were used in the Youth Congress elections. The counting happened at Sirsi Road amid tight security.
Meanwhile, stray incidents of violence were reported in the city.
src: Daily Bhaskar
- LK Advani Better Than Modi Days Jaswant Singh
- Congress Buying Fake Likes For Facebook Pages Says BJP
- Major Election Parties Still on caste and religion politics
- Apart from Debt Congress Also Degraded Education Sector Says Vasundhra Raje
- Congress Asked EC to take Actions against Ram Dev and Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- No Coal and Gas Provided During UPA Reign Says BJP
- Action against Manvendra Son Of Jaswant Singh By BJP