Ashok Chandna new president of Youth Congress in Rajasthan
Ashok Chandna was elected as the president of the Youth Congress in Rajasthan.
Chandna, who received 5,111 votes, defeated his arch-rival Rajpal Sharma by 609 votes in the organisational polls.
Rajpal, the younger brother of minister of state for health Rajkumar Sharma, has qualified for the post of vice president while the second runner up Hanuman Meena became general secretary.
Jai Narayan Poonia and Vivek Katara are the other candidates to quality for the post of general secretary. The voting for Youth Congress president and executive committee took place on March 24 and 25. This time, voting for state, Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha executive committee took place simultaneously following which 45,000 voters, cast votes for three executive committees.
As many as 98 candidates were in the fray for the post of Youth Congress president. Besides state president and vice president, there are eight posts of general secretary in the present state executive committee — five are in reserved and three in general category. To win the post of general secretary, as a rule, a candidate must get over 20% votes.
The newly-elected president of Youth Congress Ashok Chandna hails from Bundi and owns marble mines.
Sources said a huge amount of money and resources were used in the Youth Congress elections. The counting happened at Sirsi Road amid tight security.
Meanwhile, stray incidents of violence were reported in the city.
src: Daily Bhaskar
- Rajasthan Panchayat Polls: Over 45% turnout in the final phase
- Rajasthan Election: Third phase of Panchayat Polls underway
- Panchayat Election: Girl from Delhi university elected Rajasthan village’s Sarpanch.
- Election: Over 61 percent turnout in the 2nd phase of Rajasthan Panchayat Polls.
- Polling Begins For 4 constituencies in Rajasthan
- New Toilet Criterion in Panchayat Polls in Rajasthan
- Kalyan Singh Former CM Of UP may become Rajasthan New Governor