Zee TV to launch regional channel for Rajasthan Zee Rajasthan Plus
Indian entertainment network Zee Media Corporation is to launch a new regional channel – Zee Rajasthan Plus – on 31 July, with a mix of entertainment and news programming. The launch will bring Zee’s total number of channels to 34.
Zee Rajasthan Plus will be based in Jaipur, and run by regional head Purushottam Vaishnav. The channel will broadcast in Hindi and Rajasthani, and provide an eclectic mix of programming – including both fiction and non-fiction shows covering travel, automobiles, real estate, shopping, food and investments.
There will be news bulletins covering regional, national and international news, as well as half-hour long news programmes. Journalists will be based in the major cities of Rajasthan, and the channel will also be able to feed on news from Zee News bureaux across India.
A lunchtime film will also feature at weekends, along with popular Zee TV shows. The channel will also, in the future, showcase commissioned content and localised programming highlighting Rajasthani culture.
The channel will be carried on the Asiasat 3S satellite, located at 105.5 degrees east, and will be free-to-air for a six-month preview period on direct-to-home (DTH) satellite and cable TV platforms.
“The idea is to initially focus its distribution push on Rajasthan, and then move into other states,” Alok Agrawal, CEO, Zee Media Corporation, told Indian Television.
“Our whole effort is to bring people from different walks of life, together, on the channel,” he added.
- Pakistani Coke Studio artists to perform at Sufi Festival in Rajasthan
- Bold Mallika launches The Bachelorette India’ in Udaipur
- Teej procession includes 30 elephants this year in Jaipur
- Tourists and diplomats join CII intiative ‘Jaipur by Nite’
- RFW organizers booked economy class ticket for Tusshar, Madhavan
- Rajasthan Fashion Week 2013 watches New and Upcoming Designers too
- Neeta Lulla Showcase Bridal Collections in RFW